Pros and Cons of Granite Kitchen Countertops
Homeowners have been selecting granite countertops as a favourite for their kitchen interiors for years now. The question is, how do you decide whether the granite you're getting is good quality or not? Read on to find out.
Bossio Stone Imports is a place you can trust with granite, tile, marble and quartz countertops. Our showroom has a wide range of finely crafted products that you can choose from. Our reputation for excellence and attention to workmanship is appreciated by our clients, from designers to homeowners. We can provide you with luxurious granite kitchen countertops with a variety of patterns and colours.
Still not sure whether you should choose granite or not? Let us make the task a bit easier for you.
Here is a list of the pros and cons of granite countertops.
The pros are:
• They look excellent
A granite slab looks exquisite with its independent colours, lines and designs. They are so unique that the piece you own will be the only one in existence. There are more than 20 shades of granite that you can choose from. You need to find the one that best suits your kitchen cabinets, walls and flooring.
• Add extra aura
Granite adds an instant appeal to your kitchen. It increases the value of the decor that makes it a well-thought and good investment. Granite countertops have a sense of subtlety in them and they can add an elegant look to your kitchen.
• Durable: Granite is not susceptible to scratches and is unbreakable. Take proper care of it and it will last for generations. Keep in mind that the only things that can scratch granite are diamonds and granite.
• High resistance to heat: Granite is a heat-resistant rock. Cooking, therefore, becomes a lot easier if you have granite countertops. You can place hot pans directly on the countertop and the heat will have no weakening effect on it.
• Stain-resistant: Granite countertops are stain-resistant. They don't absorb liquids if they are properly sealed. If you work with a professional they will ensure that the surface of the countertops is sealed appropriately. This keeps leakage at bay and helps maintain the attractive-looking granite.
The cons are:
• Can be absorbent: If granite counters are poorly sealed or unsealed they can absorb liquids such as oil, wine, etc. This might create stains that will not be removable. If a countertop is poorly sealed, house bacteria tend to accumulate in the pores. This may be unhygienic. To avoid such issues make sure to reseal your kitchen countertop as suggested by the professionals.
• It may crack: Even though granite countertops are durable, there's still a chance of chipping the stone. In case a heavy object falls on the corner, it might be prone to damage. In case this happens, call a specialist immediately to fix it.
• Relatively expensive: Granite countertops can be expensive. Professional installation is labour intensive and costly. You need to keep the thickness of the slab in mind; the better the quality the more money you might need to spend on it.
A typical slab might not be enough to cover your entire kitchen. More than one slab might need to be installed. Regular granite countertop clean-up is essential, as is making sure to re-seal the countertops from time to time. All in all, granite countertops are a relatively good option if you're looking for something long-term and sophisticated. Even though they may appear to be expensive it will be a one-time investment that you will not regret.
At Bossio Stone Imports, we will be delighted to be of assistance to you. Contact us today to learn more about granite countertops and the services we offer.