SOME OF OUR WORK
Traditional Wood Burning Oven
It’s the season for outdoor cooking – check out Tomato Magazine’s July/August issue, where you’ll find one of our wood burning ovens in the winning Outdoor Kitchen! For this summer, we have a new oven in our showroom, and it’s been an instant success. The Nonna Luisa oven lets you cook in the traditional way – with high heat generated by a small amount of wood in a brick dome. It does a lot more than just pizza! Drop by our showroom to see our new arrival!
3 things to consider when choosing a new kitchen counter top
Whether you’re building a brand new kitchen or renovating an existing one, you’ll want to create something that’s at once functional, comfortable and pleasant to be in.
One of the most important decisions you’ll have to make will be the countertops. Given the dizzying array of choices we now have when it comes to materials for countertops, it can also be one of the most difficult decisions. The kitchen countertops experts at Bossio Stone, in Edmonton, suggest keeping a few things in mind when deciding on your countertops.
- How much wear & tear will your countertops experience? If you have a large family and expect a lot of traffic in your kitchen, you might want a countertop material that is very resistant and easy to clean. Consider quartz for a busy kitchen. It resembles natural stone and is resistant to stains and scratches. It also comes in a wide variety of colours, and you will never need to apply a seal.
- If you’re operating on a budget you also have some good options. Tiles are a very good DIY option. We have a large selection of tile sizes and colours and they are generally quite resistant to scratches, stains and even heat. Tiles are also easy to replace if an accident ever occurs. While not as durable as other options, laminate is also budget-friendly, comes in a range of colours and is easy to clean.
- Once you’ve chosen your material, you should also think about what type of edges you wish to have around your countertop. Most come with basic square edges, but for a little added security, especially if you have small children, consider having the corners rounded—also called bullnose. Other options, such as a French cove, ogee or marine edge, can add a special touch to your kitchen.
Top it off in style
Whether you choose the durability of quartz, the budget-friendliness of tile, or other popular materials such as granite, marble or stainless steel, your counter tops can create a unique and inviting environment for you, your family and your guests to enjoy. At Bossio Stone, we can help you make the right decisions for your kitchen. Visit our website, or give us a call for more tips and suggestions.
Choosing Between Quartz or Granite Countertops
Your kitchen countertops play an important role in defining your kitchen. Whether you’re building a brand new one, or simply renovating an existing one, choosing the perfect countertop can help put the finishing touch on the room. Two of the most popular choices for countertops are quartz and granite and while the two products may at first glance seem quite similar, there are still some important differences between them.
The kitchen countertop specialists at Bossio Stone Import in Edmonton can help you make the right decision for your kitchen. Whether you’re looking for quartz countertops or granite countertops, there are the pros and cons of each material.
- Because quartz is crafted, it’s much easier to control the look of the slab. There are no surprises and no defects to cut around. Granite is 100% natural, and has a more unique look. However, you might get a piece of slab that’s slightly different than what you saw in a showroom.
- Again, the crafted nature of quartz will allow you to hide the seams better, though you may never get them to be 100% invisible. As far as granite is concerned, the natural striations in the slab basically make it impossible to hide the seams.
- In both cases, you’ll require a professional installation. Furthermore, granite needs to be sealed when it’s installed, and will need to be sealed again every year or so. Neglecting the seal could lead to stains and damage to the slab down the line. Quartz, on the other hand, never requires a seal.
- Both materials are very durable, though not indestructible. Both are stain-resistant, though in the case of granite this will depend a lot on the quality of your seal. Cleaning quartz is also a little easier, as quartz does not require bacteria-preventing soap. With decent care, both products will remain scratch-free for a long time also.
- If you’re looking to go thrifty, neither quartz nor granite is a great choice. Both are some of the more expensive materials available, but both are fairly evenly priced. As with almost everything else, quality comes with the price; with a bit of care both materials will last you a long time.
A personal choice
Whether you decide to go with quartz or granite countertops, you’ll be buying something that will give your kitchen a very distinct look. With both materials being sturdy and easy of care, either choice will be a good one. For more tips and suggestions, visit us at Bossio Stone Import or give us a call. We’re tops in countertops!
Top Home Renovation Trends of 2017
If you’re considering a kitchen or bathroom renovation, then it can be beneficial to look at some of the current home renovation trends. Staying up-to-date with the best trends will increase the value of your home and give you a fantastic place to entertain your friends and family. At Bossio Stone Imports we are always helping customers find the perfect tiles and countertops in Edmonton for their home.
Here are six of the best home renovation trends of 2017 that you should consider.
– Patterned tile
Bold, patterned tile is popping up all over the place, and for good reason! Whether it is used in the kitchen or in the bathroom, patterned tile can add visual intrigue and effortless style. Bossio Stone Imports provides a variety of different types of tiles in Edmonton that you can use in your next renovation, including porcelain, granite, travertine, natural slate, glass, and marble.
– Classic black and white
While some 2017 trends are new and unique, others are looks which have never truly gone out of style, such as the classic black and white kitchen. The contrast of white cabinets with black kitchen countertops in Edmonton is always going to impress. The look is often completed with dark hardwood floors for that warm, rustic feel.
– Contrasting light and shadow
A reverse of the classic black and white kitchen, a kitchen which plays with contrasting light and shadow will pair dark cabinets with light countertops and backsplashes. Since cabinets are usually well-lit while countertops and backsplashes tend to be more shaded, this combination creates a dramatic look and a nice balance of light and shadow.
– Off-white quartz
While traditional white quartz kitchen countertops in Edmonton continue to be popular, many homeowners are also choosing to go with neutral off-white colours such as light grey and light beige. With Bossio Stone Imports custom countertops in Edmonton, you’ll be able to choose from over 150 different colours of quartz to find the perfect one for your kitchen.
– Neutral palette
Many homeowners are also choosing to keep their kitchen cabinets and countertops more neutral in order to create a solid palette on which they can then decorate with brighter colours and patterns. Solid colour granite countertops in Edmonton are ideal for putting together a neutral, flexible palette that you can personalize to your heart’s content.
– Organic and natural
Finally, 2017 is seeing a big shift towards organic and natural looks, especially in the bathroom. Natural stone countertops in Edmonton, such as marble, granite, and quartz, are often paired with wooden cabinets. The warmth of the wood and the rugged yet elegant beauty of the stone are a match made in design heaven.
Countertops and Tiles in Edmonton for Your Home Renovation
AB Tile & Stone and Bossio Stone Imports has been providing homeowners, designers, and builders with beautiful granite and quartz countertops in Edmonton for over 30 years. Our selection of countertops and stone products will help you complete your dream kitchen or bathroom. For any questions about our products, just contact Bossio Stone Imports today.